Hi Ashwin sir

When EC members resign, the EC has an option to co-opt executive committee
members to fill the vacancy..

As per Chapter bye laws, Article VII, point A, sub point f,

*Any vacancy caused in the membership of the Executive Committee shall be
filled from within the membership of the Society, and the incumbent shall
hold the post/position till the next General Body Meeting. Such members
chosen to fill the said vacancy shall be decided by the Executive
Committee.*

In this case, we have two vacancies of Krishna Chaitanya & Suyash Dwivedi.
For now.. We are filling only one of the vacancies..

Regards,
Yohann Thomas
Wikimedia India