<snip>Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:41:07 +0300From: chriwaus...@gmail.com
To: wikimediake@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: [Wikimedia Kenya] Board Elections

Hallo Wikimedians,
It's been a while but I hope we are all well. This serves as a reminder that we
are supposed to have board elections so that we can proceed with the
registration process of being a fully recognized chapter. Furthermore, I am
availing myself to be part of the team of members that will overlook the
election process.</snip>Hi Chris! Thanks for following this up -- I had totally
forgotten about this: my apologies. Anyway, Branton and Cliff had already
volunteered to be moderators, but you're more than welcome to join them
nonetheless.
<snip> I'll be in contact with all the acting board members on how we shall see
this activity come to pass successfully. Just for the record, on our last meet
up we planned to have these elections on the 17th of this month. However, this
seems to be to soon if we are to have a well planned and executed
election.</snip>Precisely. Some of the moderator tasks that I surmise include
(but are not limited to) finalizing the Board Elections process:
http://wikimedia.or.ke/Board_Elections;  brainstorming the voting criteria;
creating a nominations page; announcing the call for nominees and making any
other necessary announcements; creating a timeline and of course overseeing the
actual elections.
<snip> I would like to suggest that we plan for the 31st of March since Ihub
had offered space for WikimediaKE on the last Saturday of every month.
</snip>+1.
<snip> Also, do we have a time from iHub for our monthly meetings? Morning?
Midday? Afternoon? Evening?</snip>Still unconfirmed. Let me liaise with iHub
and get back to you.
Sincerely,Abbas.