On Dec 1, 12:37 pm, "Michael Shilliday" <mjshilli...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> I have never commented here before, but why the need for a physical AGM?
>  Incorporated companies have been having online AGMs for years now.  It may
> be necessary for a small group of people to be sitting in a room together,
> but the voting members don't necessarily need to be.
> There may be a hugely compelling reason why this is necessary, but that's
> just my thoughts,
>
> MJS

First, welcome, and thanks for your contribution! Hope it will be the
first of many :)

All members will get an opportunity to vote electronically on all the
resolutions and voting for the new Board members, even if they can't
physically turn up on the day. I hope we can find some way of
involving people remotely in the meeting as well - perhaps through a
videocam - does anyone know what Wikimania does for this?

There are advantages in having in person meetings as well, though - it
gives us an opportunity to discuss things more informally and get to
know each other more that you can with an online meeting.

Andrew