2009/3/8 AndrewRT <ratur...@yahoo.co.uk>:
> Personally, I think a meeting in a pub or even a pub room gives a very
> different impression to a meeting in a university room, and we need to
> bear that in mind. Imagine giving a presentation or holding hustings.

*Function room* of a pub - they are specifically designed for holding
functions, an AGM is a function. I don't think we would have any
problem giving presentations and hustings in a function room.
Gathering around a table in the main part of a pub is definitely a
last resort, it wouldn't work very well, but a function room is very
different.