2009/3/12 Gordon Joly <gordon.j...@pobox.com>:
> At 22:17 +0000 12/3/09, David Gerard wrote:
>>2009/3/12 Gordon Joly <gordon.j...@pobox.com>:

>>>  And was anybody asking the BBC about the use of Open Standards?

>>The main problem in the discussions I had was there wasn't a whole lot
>>we could do for each other, except convince the BBC to release
>>something - ANYTHING - under a proper free licence. This was almost
>>impossible, for various obvious and stupid reasons.

> Reasons such as this?
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/creativearchive/licence/full_licence.shtml

Nothing so specific. The main problem was that no-one could work out
how to get an actual free content license past the lawyers. We're
talking about an industry where CC by-nc-nd counts as radical
openness.

"Please release just ONE GODDAMN IMAGE."
"I'll take it to the lawyers, but I don't think they'll like it ..."

- d.