2009/8/24 James Forrester <jdforres...@gmail.com>:
> All,
>
> I'm in Buenos Aires for the Wikimania conference in a few days, and
> was wondering if there are any Wikimedia UK-related people around. I'm
> getting asked questions and invited to things as if I can talk
> 'officially' for the chapter (which of course I cannot).
>
> Is there going to be someone here who will be able to help people more
> 'officially'?

As far as I know, no. The chapter didn't have the funds to send anyone
and no-one involved with the chapter that applied for scholarships got
them. I don't know of anyone that was planning to go at their own
expense.

While you obviously can't talk for the chapter (had we thought about
this sooner, perhaps you could have spoken to the board and been told
the official stand on some issues that you could pass on, but it is
too late for that now), if you are willing I would support you being
nominated as an "official observer" to attend any relevant meetings
and let the board know what happens. (Obviously, that isn't my
decision - I can't make official decisions and comments any more than
you can.)