Hi all,

The next board meeting is this evening: Tuesday 20 October 2009,
8.30-10.30pm BST.

The agenda is at http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetings/2009-10-20/Agenda

Following from a conversation at the in-person board meeting, we'll
be trying something different this meeting to try to optimize the use
of the meeting time.

The first hour of the meeting, 8.30-9.30pm, will be held by Skype
conference. This part of the meeting will be discussions, not
decisions, and will essentially be focused on making sure that all of
the board members are on the same page, and to identify issues that
need resolution or deciding upon. Due to technical limitations, it
won't be possible to have this part of the meeting open to the public.

The second hour of the meeting, 9.30-10.30pm, will be held on IRC as
usual. This part will focus on decision-making, as well as asking for
your views. This will be held as usual in the #wikimedia-uk-board
channel on irc.freenode.net, with discussion in #wikimedia-uk , and
everyone is more than welcome to attend. If you don't have an IRC
client, then you can connect using http://webchat.freenode.net/ .

Hopefully with this new format, board meetings will become more
efficient - both of board member's time, and also of your time during
the second half. This is a trial - we may find that it doesn't work,
and return to holding all of the meeting via IRC. I would welcome
suggestions both on tweaks to this new format, and also on
alternative ways of holding these meetings

Thanks,
Mike Peel