On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 08:30 -0800, AndrewRT wrote:
> I forgot to mention - I was speaking to someone at the Wikimedia
> Seminar last Thursday and they mentioned that their sister is a
> teacher (11-16yos) and often has problems with students using
> Wikipedia inappropriately (in the sense of repeating things that
> aren't true). She said it would be useful if we could put together a,
> say, 5 page guide, on the best way to use Wikipedia.
>
> Does anyone know if there is anything similar already out there and
> could anyone help out with putting something like this together?

Eleven through sixteen is a broad range. I know there's several project
administrators fall in that group but...

For the 11-13 range I'd suggest they use Wikipedia for Schools. They can
install it locally if they like, and actually letting the upper-end
15/16 loose on the mediawiki install would be the *perfect* education on
how Wikipedia can have false information inserted.

--
Brian McNeil
<brian.mcn...@wikinewsie.org>|http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil