Isabell Long wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 02:57:52AM +0000, geni wrote:
>
>> January 1st is Public Domain Day. That is the day that all the works
>> of everyone who died in 1939 enter the public domain. No I'm not the
>> only one to note this creative commons apparently picks up on it:
>>

> Wow, that's good!  I didn't realise that!
>

>> http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/11920
>>
>> The most interesting name I'm aware of this year is Howard Carter who
>> created a lot of paintings and drawings of Egyptian archaeological
>> artifacts.
>>

> Oh, quite interesting then!
>

>> I'm trying to put together more names but I was wounder if
>> it was something a press release could be built around?
>>

> Good idea, yeah I think it could be too, though what else could be put in it?
>  I don't know who does the press releases here.

King Tut's tomb is strong enough for a press release (here we go
again!). Discovered in 1922, only now will the public be able to treat
Carter's works as their property.

Other deaths of authors: Havelock Ellis; Ford Madox Ford; Sigmund Freud;
Zane Grey; Joseph Roth; W. B. Yeats.

Arthur Rackham the illustrator too.

Charles
**