On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 23:04 +0100, Thomas Dalton wrote:
> On 5 April 2010 23:02, Gordon Joly <gordon.j...@pobox.com> wrote:
> > But A. N. Other might choose to publish their home address?
>
> Yes, they could.

Guys, I'm back on my own PC, now having replaced the power supply. I
hold more to Gordon's comments; the law may have changed, and I would
not have to disclose my address, but if serving in a board capacity I
can see no circumstance where I'd withhold such information from a WMUK
member.

The board *serves* the members, and, to be honest, even if the
registration requirements no longer require these details be divulged, I
would argue that being prepared to give personal contact details to a
member being a matter of course as far as the duties go.

Unfortunately, with my PC outage (PSU died), I've no idea if I got
registered as a candidate in time. I'm trying to look into that right
now; I'm wanting to stand on a basis that WMUK could support my pet
project (Wikinews) and improve things for itself. As some on-list may
know, I had to resign from the WMF Communications Committee for a
'technical' conflict of interest (I will be blunt, speak my mind, &c
where I see it as appropriate, WMF becoming ultra-conservative on such.
However, in service on a Chapter board I see no serious issues, and an
opportunity to run a recruitment drive in Scotland.)

If I've - through my semi-desperate email registered as a candidate, I'm
open to any queries on how I'd like to see WMUK grow. I'm very ambitious
about getting WMUK seen as serious and respectable, I do want to push
Wikinews issues, but I only want to do so where I can see a
short-to-medium term benefit to WMUK.

So, if I'm up as a candidate, spam me with questions!

--
Brian McNeil <brian.mcn...@wikinewsie.org>
Wikinewsie.org