On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Michael Peel <em...@mikepeel.net> wrote:

> See below. This is a topic that I haven't heard much talk about in the UK yet
> - do we want to do something for Wikipedia's 10th birthday in the UK?

> Does anyone have any other ideas for what we could do in the UK?

Is there an argument for a UK Chapter press release?

I imagine that the 10th anniversary will be covered by journalists who
have managed to get an article about  Wikipedia into their publication
before. I assume the WMF will be putting out some material. But would
it be worth us putting out an additional UK specific press release? I
confess I'm not sure what such a release would convey. Do we have, for
example, UK specific stats such as reach and page views?