Andrew, yes I am interested and intend to be there.

I must mention the press release about Derby Museum which as you know
consumed a bit of effort. Derby Museums released it locally but as far as I
can see it was never released by Wikimedia. Was this a board decision?

best regards
Roger
01332 702993

On 21 January 2011 00:24, Andrew Turvey <andrewrtur...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> From our blog, http://blog.wikimedia.org.uk/:
>
> Could you lead Wikimedia UK to success?
>
> Next year is set to be another big year of growth for Wikimedia UK: we
> have just raised over £500,000 in the Wikimedia Annual Fundraiser.
> Most of this money will support the technical side of Wikimedia
> through donations to the Foundation and the Toolserver. However, we
> also plan to use the funds to recruit four more members of staff.
> These staff will mean we can scale up our activities, enable more
> activity by volunteers and professionalise the chapter. Our own
> developer, events organiser, a full time office manager and a chapter
> manager pulling everything together will no doubt transform Wikimedia
> UK.
>
> However, a key factor in our success will still be the board, which
> will continue to lead the chapter and be made up of unpaid volunteers.
> It will continue to be elected by our members, ordinary Wikimedians
> who support our mission and want to make Wikipedia and free knowledge
> even more successful.
>
> Can you help lead the chapter to success in 2011 by standing for
> election as a board member? If so, you’re warmly invited to join us on
> Saturday 5th February from 5pm where you can find out more about what
> is involved in being a board member and have an opportunity to ask any
> questions and meet other interested people.
>
> This “board interest day” will take place in central London (venue to
> be confirmed). If you are interested please drop me a line to chair @
> wikimedia.org.uk to reserve your place. You can also give me a ring on
> 07403 216 991 if you would like to discuss further.
>
> Look forward to hearing from you!
>
> Andrew Turvey
> Chair, Wikimedia UK

Roger Bamkin