> The money would come from the appropriate year's budget, though, not the
> current one (which covers spending between 1 Feb 2011 and end Jan 2012).

Oh, of course, however any spare money from the underspend will carry over
to the next budgets - was just suggesting this could be a future outlet for
it if we are still racking brains for what to do with it :) There seems no
harm in earmarking a potential Wikimania fund now and putting underspend in
it by agreement.

> BTW, Seddon started a draft bid page for 2013 in Manchester, which is at:
> http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Wikimania_Bid
> that might form a useful basis to start developing an official bid, either
> for 2013 or later.

Looks interesting; Manchester is a nice city & fairly accessible. It would
be good to put together ideas for venues and assess the relative benefits of
each of them (i.e. costs, accessibility, local wikipedians).

Tom