If we have a brand that is unacceptable to Scotland (or a portion of it)
then do we need to change rather than split our brand?
Is it the "UK" bit? Would the flag be more acceptable or a map of our
country (yes I know that gives the Irish a problem).

Is it possible to use the Wikimedia logo next to a Scottish logo and fudge
the issue? Wikimedia's message is internationalist not nationalist.

a thought
Roger

On 13 September 2011 13:07, Chris Keating <chriskeatingw...@gmail.com>wrote:

>> > Actually the situation with Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland is
>> quite
>> > different. Working in those nations with a "UK" name and an address in
>> > England tends to go down rather less well (particularly if you are
>> dealing
>> > with institutions that are part of the national cultural fabric, as we
>> are
>> > likely to).
>> > My only concern about using different national branding is that it might
>> > give an impression of more actual devolution than there genuinely is.
>>
>> One solution to that is to actually have some devolution. If there are
>> people interested in taking responsibility for Scottish cultural
>> outreach, then they could just be given a budget and left to get on
>> with it (with some oversight from the board, of course).
>

> Well, indeed. Personally I would like to see that happen, but I think we
> are at least a year away from it at the moment.
>
> Chris

Roger Bamkin
Chair WMUK <http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board>
01332 702993