Excellent stuff. I've just been in touch with their Business Development Manager who is going to pop over to the office next week. If anyone has any questions they'd like me to put to him please do let me know.

Thanks,

Stevie

On 11/04/2012 17:40, steve virgin wrote:
Stevie

And I am close to people at UWE at Pro-Vice Chancellor level, lecturer level
etc

So I'd be happy to help anyone embarking on this.

Steve V.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stevie Benton [mailto:stevie.ben...@wikimedia.org.uk]
Sent: 11 April 2012 17:30
To: Jon Davies
Cc: office; wikimediauk-l
Subject: Re: Interesting possibilty for WIkimedians?

I note from the web page that one of the partners for this grants programme
is the UWE in Bristol. It's also in support of a BBC series that's in
development.

I think that there's definite potential for projects that some of our
volunteers are working on to get funding here, especially the partnership
that HJ Mitchell and Rock drum have developed with the Herbert Art Gallery&
Museum in Coventry.

I'm good friends with a couple of people at the HLF so I'll have a chat with
them and see if I can get a steer on the kind of things they are
particularly keen to fund.

Stevie