On 26 July 2012 23:00, Deryck Chan <deryckc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes Fæ is the victim, but I believe arbcom made
> their ruling on the grounds that if Fæ sticks around too many people will
> continue to gang up on him and distract everyone else from the project.

It's really hard to see how you could possibly come to that
conclusion.  Individual members of arbcom have made it clear that
banning Fæ is not in response to any single offense that he has
committed, but because he has been perceived to have obstructed the
working of arbcom.  The sanctions against Fæ do not seem to me to be
intended to make the project run more smoothly, but would seem to be
purely punitive in nature.  I don't know much about the workings of
arbcom, but this week's banning of Fæ and desysopping of Kwamikagami
go far beyond what I personally think the remit of arbcom should be.

Andrew
[[User:BabelStone]]