On 17/09/12 20:34, Chris Keating wrote:
> [...]

This issue has always been on my mind. The use of a code requires a method to decode and produce a result. In general terms, QR Codes resolve to *text* *strings* and those strings tend to begin "http://"; and then QRPedia codes have a second level on indirection (the language switching).

Can we feel sure that for the next 5, 10 or 25 years QR codes will be in common use (the legacy), and that Wikipedia linked QR Codes will resolve and send the user to the relevant article? We assume that Wikipedia will last for another 25 years! If QRPedia codes don't work in the future, then they will be a very widespread piece of negative advertising.

Gordo