On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:53 AM, <fab...@unpopular.org.uk> wrote:

> Essentially this would require the Board making a decision that it was
> interested in looking into the idea and setting up a steering committee to
> take the matter forward. This could be done with a limited amount of
> officer time.

The board would have to consult the Wikimedia Foundation and the English
Wikipedia community on this and would be ill-advised (particularly in light
of recent events) to go ahead with this decision without their support. In
particular, jimbo's recent signpost article [1] seems fairly opposed to
this direction of travel.

[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2012-10-01/Paid_editing

If you're serious about taking this forward, I think you need to flesh out
the proposals and see how they fit in with en-wp policies and statements of
Foundation board members before it can be submitted to the WMUK board.

Why don't you set up a wiki page to gather ideas?

Regards,