Hi all.

Just to let you know that the Royal Society have shuffled some rooms
around and found a lot more tickets for the evening panel session, so
if you're in London on Friday evening, please do come along!

http://royalsociety.eventbrite.com/ to book.

- Andrew.

On 17 September 2012 16:49, Daria Cybulska
<daria.cybul...@wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> It's Ada Lovelace Day on 16 October and it's most suitable for Wikimedia UK
> to get involved. The day exists to celebrate the contributions of women in
> the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. As you may
> know, Ada Lovelace is considered the first programmer, due to her work on
> Charles Babbage's analytical engine. As such, she's someone we can very much
> hold up as a role model. Wikimedia UK is organising a Women in Science
> themed editing event for Ada Lovelace Day on Friday 19 October 2012 and
> would like to invite you to attend!
>
> We have organised a group 'Edit-a-thon' to improve Wikipedia articles about
> women in science, held at the Royal Society's library, London, 2:30-6pm. We
> had a very high response from the academic community, and we filled many
> more spaces than expected! However, there are still a couple of places free
> for people who would like to help train new contributors - please get in
> touch if you are interested. There will also be opportunities to get
> involved online, which we will publish at our Wikimedia UK event's page (see
> below).
>
> Following the Edit-a-thon there will be an panel discussion with Uta Frith
> from the Royal Society and other female scientists on women in science (the
> focus will be much broader than just the representation of the topic on
> Wikipedia). The panel discussion will take place from 6:30pm - 8:00pm, and
> you are most welcome to attend - there are still free places available, so
> please feel free to register here
> http://royalsociety.org/events/2012/wikipedia-workshop/
>
> Wikimedia UK also has a page for the event, which you can see here
> http://uk.wikimedia.org/wiki/Ada_Lovelace_Day_2012
>
> Hope to see many of you there.
>
> Best,
> Daria
>

> --
> Daria Cybulska - Events Organiser, Wikimedia UK
> +44 (0) 207 065 0994
> +44 7803 505 170
> --

> movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who
> operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).
>
> Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal control over
> Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.

- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk