Nottingham would be my preference. Decent tram system, and on the East
Coast Main Line. A few very good volunteers there too!
Sounds great - we will give you as much help as you want from the office
end.
Jon

On 10 January 2013 19:52, HJ Mitchell <hjmitch...@ymail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've been keen to establish a meetup in the East Midlands for a while (the
> only one anywhere in the Midlands at the moment is in Coventry), and since
> we're holding WikiConference UK 2013 in Lincoln, now would seem like the
> time to get something going.
>
> To that end, I'm looking for some input. I'm considering putting it in
> Derby, Nottingham, or Lincoln (Derby because it has the best transport
> links, Nottingham because it's the biggest city in the region, and Lincoln
> because that's where the AGM is; I ruled out Leicester due to its proximity
> to Coventry), so if you would consider coming to a meetup in this area and
> you have a preference for any of those three cities, I want to hear it. :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Harry Mitchell
> http://enwp.org/User:HJ
> Phone: 024 7698 0977
> Skype: harry_j_mitchell

*Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK*.  Mobile (0044) 7803 505 169
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk