Although afaik Wiki Loves Monuments has mainly focused on getting
photographs, I agree there's a great oppportunity for improving
related articles and lists too. For example compare the lovely
illustrated list of Grade I buildings in Greater Manchester [1] with
the far more barebones list for Merseyside [2]. And as a bonus - more
and better articles means more places to show off the lovely new WLM
pictures, and the copious Geograph ones.

Perhaps Wikimedia UK should offer prizes for best/most article/list
improvements during the month of WLM, in parallel with the photo
competition aspect. Does anyone know if other chapters have done this
in the past?

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grade_I_listed_buildings_in_Greater_Manchester
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grade_I_listed_buildings_in_Merseyside

Pete / the wub