[putting WM2013 hat on]
Wikimedia Hong Kong thought about setting up a subsidiary company for
Wikimania 2013 but decided against it. This is because the subsidiary
company (and therefore Wikimania) will not enjoy charity benefits,
discounts, or tax deductibility, which renders "the benefits of going
through" the chapter nothing more than a brand name.
Deryck