On 8 November 2013 11:04, Richard Nevell
<richard.nev...@wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:
> There are reasonable resources for Latin and Greek translations online; the
> site which springs to mind is Perseus which has nearly 45 million words in
> English of Greek and Roman source material.

Yes, I'm aware of it. Non-commercial use of texts from Perseus is
prohibited. A problem for the *vast* majority of transcriptions
available and the reason they are not available on Wikisource.

My example was for inscriptions, which are a special case of being
artefacts rather than conceptual texts and have different problems
compared to manuscripts. Many of the most important inscriptions
available to historians are also available for us amateurs to take
photographs of, and then do our own transcriptions.

Fae
--
fae...@gmail.com http://j.mp/faewm