Public domain day is coming up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Domain_Day

Probably not that significant from our POV since the gap between 1923 and
1943 is large enough that quite a lot of stuff won't be PD in the US. There
are also some slightly unfortunate cases.

Sergei Rachmaninoff and George Washington Carver are safe enough but Kermit
Roosevelt killed himself and I'm not sure we want to being up the case of
Richard Hillary.

Georges Dufrénoy and Camille Claudel were both natural causes but in
occupied France. No idea how Kristjan Raud died although age suggests
natural causes. Julius Brammer looks to have been natural causes but well
as a jew in Vichy France....

Cuthbert Bradley was probably natural causes and a fair amount of his work
is PD in the US so stand by for mass transfer to commons. James Clark
painted some stuff on the subject of WW1 so might be worth highlighting.
Forrest Crissey, Frederick Gordon Crosby, Tom Clough  and Charles N.
Daniels are others worth looking into.

I guess we could try focusing on south America and neutral countries.
Teresa Brayton's (ROI) stuff hits the public domain this year.

--
geni