...in most areas, at least. Thirteen out of 194 public library
services don't subscribe to the ODNB:

Aberdeen Central Library
Bridgend Library and Information Service
Caerphilly Libraries
Carmarthen Library
Conwy County Borough Council
East Sussex Libraries
Inverclyde Libraries
Isle of Anglesey Library Service
Neath Port Talbot Libraries
North Tyneside Libraries
Rotherham Libraries
South Lanarkshire Libraries
South Tyneside Libraries

http://global.oup.com/fdscontent/academic/xls/online_products/Online%20Oxford%20resources%20in%20UKPL.xls

- though note that in some cases, you may be able to get access via a
neighbouring area if you're registered there.

Andrew.

On 29 April 2014 12:13, Charles Matthews
<charles.r.matth...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On 28 April 2014 18:16, Richard Nevell <richard.nev...@wikimedia.org.uk>
> wrote:
>>
>> In case you've missed it, here's your chance to access Oxford University
>> Press and Royal Society sources. I've found the Oxford Dictionary of
>> National Biography particularly useful in the past.
>

> The ODNB is fantastically useful for UK and British Empire history; worth
> remarking in the UK context that here all you need for free access is a
> library card (not everyone knows that, it seems).
>
> Charles

- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk