Great idea Martin. Copying in John Byrne and Andy Mabbett, the two
Wikimedians in Residence in question, as they may have something to add.
Also Bekka Kahn, co-ordinator of the Open Coalition, as she might have some
thoughts too.

On 16 September 2014 12:27, Martin Poulter <infob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm very open to doing a guest blog post on the theme on open access. It
> would be nice if in time for that week we could get a few different posts
> together from academic Wikipedians. I'll see what I can do. Can we nudge
> CRUK/ Royal Society/ RSC ? Failing that, we could consider reposting or
> transcribing the OA-related sessions from Wikimania to remind people just
> how good they were.
>
> On 11 September 2014 14:41, geni <geni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 11 September 2014 10:48, Stevie Benton <stevie.ben...@wikimedia.org.uk
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> All ideas welcome.
>>>

>> Tricky. The traditional approach is featured articles but it is unlikely
>> one could be created in time.
>>
>> Might be able to get something like
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dendrogramma_enigmatica_sp._nov
>> .,_holotype.png
>>
>> or
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Multiple_Dendrogramma.png
>>
>> Through featured pictures mind.
>>
>> A talk on what open access journals are out there that wikipedians could
>> cite might be of interest (PLOS one is great but it isn't my field).
>>

>> --
>> geni

> --
> Dr Martin L Poulter
> Wikipedia contributor         http://enwp.org/User:MartinPoulter
> Volunteer, Wikimedia UK   http://wikimedia.org/wiki/User:MartinPoulter
> <http://uk.wikimedia.org/>
> Musician                          http://soundcloud.com/martin-poulter
>                                        http://myspace.com/comapilot
> Person                             http://infobomb.org/

Stevie Benton
Head of External Relations
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*