How about Sure Start Centres - often empty at the weekend. I used to run
them and if a trusted outside organisation offered to do some training for
the parents it mught be a good contra deal.  Depends on making a
relationship with the local manager.
Or a local secondary school where again the students could be invited along.

On 30 September 2014 11:37, Fabian Tompsett <
fabian.tomps...@wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:

> I think we need to look at the sort of things we want out of a venue:
>
>    - Not too noisy
>    - Decent food/drink, but not too expensive
>    - Spacious rather than cramped (particularly important for people with
>    children)
>    - Ideally, a children's play area attached
>    - Near railway station for people out of town and with parking not to
>    far away for those who still drive cars.
>
> Perhaps there are some other points that could be added.I am not sure
> about public Wifi asI am getting increasingly nervous about security issues
> as regards this. However, perhaps we can organise Wikimifis for the
> occasion.
>
> all the best
> all the best
>
> Fabian Tompsett,
> Volunteer Support Organiser,
> Wikimedia UK,
> Address: 56-64 Leonard St,
> Shoreditch,
> London EC2A 4LT
>  Phone:020 7065 0990

*Jon Davies - Chief Executive Wikimedia UK*.  Mobile (0044) 7803 505 169
tweet @jonatreesdavies

Telephone (0044) 207 065 0990.

Visit http://www.wikimedia.org.uk/ and @wikimediauk