Just to follow up on what I said about Windows Mobile 8 (on phones). The
OCR capability is built into the phone, and when the image arrives on
live.com, the text is there (for a quick check, copy and paste). So the
text of blue plaques, headstones, memorials, foundation stones, etc can
be quickly added to such images.

Gordo (plenty of free time on my hands)