Thanks Stevie! We've been working closely with Dimi on this. As the
consultation deadline was Wednesday (just gone) I'm not sure what more we
can do for now but will see what emerges from the consultation...the
resources on the wiki were very useful, thanks :)

On 17 June 2016 at 20:05, Stevie Benton <stevie.d.ben...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The harmonisation is back on the agenda and needs seeing off. That being
> said,  I worked on the issue last spring I think it was, led by the amazing
> James Heald and Owen Blacker.
>
> We managed to draw together a consortium of fellow travellers to sign a
> joint letter to The Times,  supplemented by a separate letter from
> Wikimedia UK.
>
> There should still be some resources on the wiki but if anyone needs
> anything else get in touch with Dimi. He knows this inside out, and all the
> players.
>
> Also may be worth getting in touch with Ros Lynch from the IPO for the
> inside track, too.
>
> Stevie
> On 17 Jun 2016 19:51, "Lucy Crompton-Reid" <
> lucy.crompton-r...@wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi Gordon
>>
>> Yes, this is great!
>>
>> The EU consultation on harmonisation ended on Wednesday. Wikimedia UK
>> responded, and also encouraged other individuals and organisations to do
>> so. I'm not sure exactly what the timescale is now though in terms of any
>> new policy or legislation.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Lucy
>>
>> On 17 June 2016 at 19:47, Gordon Joly <gordon.j...@pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/politiek/1.2685852
>>>
>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/wiki/foundation/719440
>>>
>>> "Freedom of panorama has been voted today in the Belgian parliament.
>>> A majority voted in favour of freedom of panorama, including commercial
>>> use."
>>>
>>> Good news from across the Channel!
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> I thought there were moves to harmonise this issue across the EU?
>>>
>>> Gordo

>> --
>>
>> Lucy Crompton-Reid
>>
>> Chief Executive
>>
>> Wikimedia UK
>>
>> +44 (0) 207 065 0991
>>

>> Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and
>> Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Registered
>> Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT.
>>
>> Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The
>> Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate
>> Wikipedia, amongst other projects). *Wikimedia UK is an independent
>> non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility
>> for its contents.*

Lucy Crompton-Reid

Chief Executive

Wikimedia UK