Dear all

Wikimedia UK will soon be applying to the Wikimedia Foundation for an
Annual Plan Grant (APG) in 2017 - 18. Longstanding volunteers, members and
other stakeholders will be familiar with this process but for those of you
who aren’t, an APG enables affiliated organisations around the world -
including country ‘chapters’ of the global Wikimedia movement, like
Wikimedia UK - to access funds raised by the Foundation through the
Wikipedia banner campaign.

The deadline for proposals is 1st October and we will need to submit our
draft delivery plan for next year as well as the proposal itself. On Saturday
24th September we will be holding a day of meetings to discuss and develop
our proposal and our delivery plans for next year alongside the wider
Wikimedia UK community. These include a meeting of the Evaluation Panel in
the morning followed by a discussion focused on education from 12 - 3pm and
a Planning Lab from 3 to 5pm.

The education meeting will give participants the opportunity to feed into
our emerging plans for education and help us to shape an education
conference in early 2017. At the Planning Lab we will share our plans for
partnerships and programmes in 2017, with a view to incorporating feedback
and ideas into our proposal to the Wikimedia Foundation, and enabling
volunteers to identify how they might get involved with Wikimedia UK over
the next year.

All meetings will take place at Development House near Old Street, London
and are open to all, but signing up in advance is essential (see below for
links). Refreshments including lunch will be provided, and support for
travel is available if Wikimedia UK is notified in advance by email to
karla.ma...@wikimedia.org.uk.

It would be great to involve as many people as possible in these
discussions so please sign up to one or both of the following sessions if
you can!

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/wmuk-education-meetup-tickets-27521949893
<http://www.eventbrite.com/e/wmuk-education-meetup-tickets-27521949893?aff=utm_source%3Deb_email%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnew_event_email&utm_term=eventurl_text>
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/wikimedia-uk-planning-lab-for-20
1718-tickets-27624997110
<http://www.eventbrite.com/e/wikimedia-uk-planning-lab-for-201718-tickets-27624997110?aff=utm_source%3Deb_email%26utm_medium%3Demail%26utm_campaign%3Dnew_event_email&utm_term=eventurl_text>

All best
Lucy

--

Lucy Crompton-Reid

Chief Executive

Wikimedia UK

+44 (0) 207 065 0991

Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The
Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate
Wikipedia, amongst other projects). *Wikimedia UK is an independent
non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility
for its contents.*