Such a shame when museums close. Staff here can certainly keep an eye out
for these kinds of closures and let you know via this mailing list - and
great if others on this list could do the same when/if you hear of imminent
closures. Cheers, Lucy

On 12 October 2016 at 17:06, Michael Peel <em...@mikepeel.net> wrote:

> It's worth noting that there have been Wikimedia events at several of
> these museums in the past:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/Queen_Street_
> Mill_Museum/event
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/Queen_Street_
> Mill_Museum/event_2
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/Judges%27_Lodgings/event
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/Judges'_Lodgings/event>
>
> Clem Rutter and I have been in contact with Jo Hayward (
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jhayward001) to see if there was
> anything that Wikimedia could do to help here (e.g., holding additional
> events/taking photos/improving the articles), but nothing concrete came out
> of those discussions. Obviously, they have quite a lot of other things to
> be worrying about at the moment!
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> On 11 Oct 2016, at 16:12, geni <geni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 5 museums in Lancashire closed recently.
>

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-37512136
>
> Museums close fairly regularly (although not normally in that number)
> . Is it possible WMUK could keep track of this and give us a heads up
> as a sort of "last chance to see"?
>

> --
> geni

Lucy Crompton-Reid

Chief Executive

Wikimedia UK

+44 (0) 207 065 0991

Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a global Wikimedia movement. The
Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate
Wikipedia, amongst other projects). *Wikimedia UK is an independent
non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility
for its contents.*