On 05/12/16 14:41, Lucy Crompton-Reid wrote:

> As I know some of you will already be aware, Wikimedia UK, Women in Red
> and Wikimedia editors and communities around the world are partnering
> with BBC 100 Women to raise awareness of the gender gap on Wikipedia,
> improve coverage of women and encourage women to edit.

Great stuff, but on the BBC News article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38219838

we find

"How to create a new profile on Wikipedia"

This is really about article creation for new biographic entries. If
this is a living person, then one of the most difficult starting points
for a new editor.

I would think of "new profile" as being a User page.

So, going live with a new article and then facing a rapid deletion
request is hardly constructive. No mention of a sandbox.... for example.
There should be explicit links to extant help, tutorials and other
instruction.

Gordo