Hi Steve,

Wikimedia Germany developed a tool that determines the license information
of Commons items and makes it more user-friendly to determine how you can
use the item (e.g. how to attribute, in which context you can use a
particular item in, etc.): https://lizenzhinweisgenerator.de/?lang=en

Original blog post:
https://blog.wikimedia.org/2017/03/17/digest-attribution-generator/

Hope it's relevant to what you're looking for!

Raya