Dear all,
Suffice to say I won’t ever be asking to pay invoices on this mailing list but
many apologies for the phishing email you received which purported to come from
my email address. I can see this has generated a great deal of discussion on
this thread.
Just to make you aware that I’ve reported the issue to the IS helpline here at
the university who are looking into this as a matter of urgency. I’ve also run
Malware checks on both my computer and mobile (using Malwarebytes and Norton)
but nothing seems amiss/ turning up in these scans so far.
I’m wondering also if this is not a university email problem per se given I
have also received another phishing scam email to my gmail purporting to be
from Jason’s email address at the National Library of Wales. So Jason and
Wikimedia UK list admins may want to run scans too (belt and braces after all!).
Apologies all once again.
Best wishes,
Ewan
Ewan McAndrew
Wikimedian in Residence

Tel: 07719 330076
Email: ewan.mcand...@ed.ac.uk
My working hours are 10.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday.
Wikipedia Project Page for the residency:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:University_of_Edinburgh

The University of Edinburgh, Floor H (West), Argyle House, 3 Lady Lawson
Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9DR.
www.ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.