On the statement 'Welsh Chapels ID', you would expect a person to add the
specific property, namely 'Wales'. That would have been the correct thing to do.

What you're asking, Andy, is for me to have faith that the person who added
'UK' did not know that Wales existed? It is very reasonable to assume that a
French person would have heard of the Welsh National Team, the Welsh National
Rugby team? The Welsh National Assembly? The National Library of Wales...

If he or she didn't know that Wales is a nation, then why on earth was he /she
working with 'Welsh Chapels IDs' etc? Surely, others were aware of this?, and
allowed it to pass by.

If an user had placed Robert Plant's place of birth as being 'Europe', the
reasonable thing to do would have been to correct it into the more specific
'England', and maybe assumed good faith. If this mistake had been done
thousands of time, at what point would you stop assuming good faith? Commons
has most Welsh people categorised as being under the general 'UK'; even Wiki
Loves Monuments did not accept Wales and Scotland as being individual
countries, and as for enwiki... It happens all the time, uncorrected. The old
adage still holds true: 'ignorance is not not knowing, but not wanting to know'.

If editors do not know that Wales is a country, a nation, then surely it is our
responsibility to educate them. It is our moral duty to support diversity and
the other 287 language wikis by educating people of our own diversity and
individual countries that form the "UK". And this correction needs to be done
by all of us, wherever we live, whatever our language, asap.

PS Andy - my words are not aimed at you, otherwise I would have sent you an
email, they are aimed at all of our wiki community.

Robin