This issue was raised on the wiki and this mailing list at the end of November. We were assured then that the problem, apparently also affecting QRpedia among other things, and action was in hand to resolve this problem and prevent similar issues in the future.

However, over a month later (albeit with Christmas in the way) there is no evidence that anything has happened (I have made two edits to the sandbox today, should anyone wish to do their own testing).

This leads to some questions:
-Is it really the case that there is only a single volunteer who can fix the wiki?
-If so, how and why has this been allowed to happen?
-What contingency plans does WMUK have in case this volunteer dies or otherwise becomes permanently (or long term) unvailable, with or without warning?
-If not, why has the problem not been fixed yet?
In either case:
-What is the timescale for fixing the problems?
-What concrete actions have been undertaken since November to prevent this happening again? -What concrete actions are planned to be undertaken in the future to prevent this happening again (short and long term), and what is the timescale for them happening?

----
Chris McKenna

cmcke...@sucs.org
www.sucs.org/~cmckenna