Hi all,

We will be holding our second Skillshare event at the WMUK office on
Tusesday May 7th from 18:00 to 21:00 or thereabouts. You can find event
pages on Meta
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_UK/Events/AutoWikiBrowser_skillshare>
and on Eventbrite
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/wikimedia-uk-skillshare-using-autowikibrowser-tickets-60477470743>(please
sign up on Eventbrite to let us know if you're coming). I've also published
a short blog
<https://blog.wikimedia.org.uk/2019/04/autowikibrowser-find-out-how-to-automate-mass-edits-on-wikipedia/>
to give background on AWB for those of you who aren't sure what it is.
Prolific UK Wikimedian Rich Farmbrough, who's an AWB afficionado, will be
running the session.

One thing I'm slightly concerned about with doing this Skillshare on AWB is
that users who want to use it have to apply for permission to do so on
the Permissions
page for AWB
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Requests_for_permissions/AutoWikiBrowser>.
I've applied for permission 2 days ago but nobody has responded yet to my
request. If we are going to get people to come to the Skillshare who want
to learn about AWB, they obviously need to have permission to use it
granted first. I hope that we can fast track any requests for permission
for people who want to come to this event so that we don't have a situation
where people want to attend but can't use AWB because they don't have
permission. Could I request for someone to keep an eye on permissions for
this so that those people who want to come to our event can get their
requests granted before the event? Thanks!

There are lots of other events taking place in the next couple of months,
so please take a look at our Events list
<https://wikimedia.org.uk/wiki/Events> to see if there's anything that
interests you.

All the best,

John Lubbock

Communications Coordinator

Wikimedia UK

+44 (0) 203 372 0767

Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513. Office 1,
Ground Floor, Europoint, 5 - 11 Lavington Street, London SE1 0NZ.

Wikimedia UK is the national chapter of the global Wikimedia open knowledge
movement. We rely on donations from individuals to support our work to make
knowledge open for all. Have you considered supporting Wikimedia UK? Donate
here <https://donate.wikimedia.org.uk>.

The Wikimedia projects are run by the Wikimedia Foundation (who operate
Wikipedia, amongst other projects). *Wikimedia UK is an independent
non-profit charity with no legal control over Wikipedia nor responsibility
for its contents.*