Lars Aronsson, 21/04/2011 09:03:
> I found out that I can write reviews in Google Book Search.
> I didn't know this feature existed, so maybe it's new.

Google lets you add reviews almost everywhere.
A thing I did was sending feedback about errors in the scans; if my
memory serves me well, they were corrected.

> I took the opportunity to add a "review" that informed that
> this particular volume is being proofread at Wikisource,
> http://books.google.com/books?id=EhRXuAD4aKAC
>
> Is this something we should do systematically? There are
> 24 volumes in the Swedish Wikisource alone, that are based
> on scans from Google. (So I guess there could be hundreds
> in the English Wikisource.)

I'm not sure. If I remember correctly, Google scans are also on
openlibrary.org. It would probably be better to ask openlibrary to add
such a field (they already have Wikipedia links) and edit such metadata
there.

Nemo