Dear Wikisourcerors,
I'm planning to go to Wikimania and submit a speech, which goes like:
*Wikisource: what we've done, what we could do better* (or "What we
got right, what we'd get better")
http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Wikisource:_what_we%27ve_done,_what_we_could_do_better

Anyway, the idea is very simple:
1. We need to talk about Wikisource at Wikimania. Period.
2. I'd like to speak about the things Wikisource is good at, and the
good framework we developed over the years (eg. the Proofread
extension)
Nonetheless, Wikisources suffers significant flaws, as a proper
metadata system (Dublin Core metadata, OAI-MPH complaint system),
which prevents us to collaborate with
other projects, as Europeana, or other digital libraries.

Now, I'm writing you to ask you if such a panel/workshop would be interesting,
and to ask you if it would be better, with your help, to create a
panel in which some of us describe the best aspects and features of
their Wikisource.

Let me know if any of you could be interested in this.

Aubrey

PS: Cristian Consonni, my fellow board member in Wikimedia Italy, has
proposed a presentation about a reCAPTCHA for Wikisource:
http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Wikicaptcha:_a_ReCAPTCHA-like_solution_for_Wikisource

--
Project Coordinator
Wikimedia Italia

Sostieni la cultura, dona a Wikimedia Italia.
http://sostienilacultura.it