Hi,

this year the Wikimania will be in* London* and it will be a great
opportunity to have a *Wikisource community meet-up* there. I requested a
room for* Aug 9th* (Saturday), who would be coming?

During the wmcon I learnt that it is possible to apply for funds to the GAC
to bring selected members from strategically-targeted language communities
(Diversity), or someone who wants to learn about how to revitalize their
wikisource (Community building) or learn how to start projects (Outreach).
It could also be someone from an external organization we want to partner
with. As always there must be a very strong motivation to do things and it
has to yield results, since travels are expensive. Are there suggestions
about who should we try to bring?

Additionally this year there are several Wikisource-related submissions, so
we could also "package" the ones that get accepted into a brouchure to
promote Wikisource and the related talks. Some that have been identified:
*DIY-Scanner<https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Open_hardware_and_Open_Source_for_Open_Content:_GLAM,_the_DIY_Book_Scanner_community_and_Wikimedia_digitalize_public_domain_books._Case_study_from_Argentina>:
to learn how it was done and evaluate if we can replicate the project
internationally
*Wikisource technical
infrastructure<https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Wikisource_technical_infrastructure:_what_we_have_done_and_what_we_could_do>:
to see what has been done and the discussion about the technical
developments
*Wikisource
panel<https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Panel:_Wikisource,_from_digitization_to_data>:
general discussion, workflow and metadata handling
*Gujarati
Wikisource<https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Gujarati_Wikisource>:
to learn about how a small community overcame the initial challenges
*Malayalam Digitization
Contest<https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Malayalam_Wikisource_Digitization_Contest>:
the Wikisource
contest<https://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/11/21/wikisource-proofreading-contest/>is
becoming global, good time to discuss lessons learnt and how to make
it
grow further.

Feel free to vote them if you find them interesting!

Cheers,
Micru