>From that page which, Alex has linked:
"On the other hand, using the service for converting document formats *is*
SaaSS, because it's something you could have done by running a suitable
program (free, one hopes) in your own computer."

Hundreds among us have burnt their hands in developing a successful 'free'
OCR tool for Indic languages without any real luck until now.
Until such a tool appears on the horizon, the Google facility is just okay
to be used.

Especially so, because we are anyway dealing with 'free' input and output
material.

-Viswaprabha

On 1 December 2015 at 21:49, Bodhisattwa Mandal <bodhisattwa.rg...@gmail.com