I have used the email support on other Discourse instances and can say
that it is *really* bad. The messages are not sent in the right order,
edited posts don't work, the formatting doesn't work well, headers
related to mailing lists aren't sent properly and I have many other
complaints. I don't think the Discourse developers care much about the
email support, and there are many features of Discourse that it does
not work with or that were clearly not given much thought. If the point
is just to get a nicer looking web interface, upgrading to Mailman 3
would be a better option.