On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 6:12 PM, Steven Walling <swall...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> This is a quick notice and a call for help from translators: likely next
> week, we'll be launching a new experiment aimed at helping newly-registered
> editors, called task recommendations. You can check out the UI by looking
> at the design specification (
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Task_recommendations) and our research
> documentation (
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Task_recommendations/Experiment_one
> )
>
> The good news: the main interfaces are well translated enough for us to
> launch our A/B test in 12 languages...
>
> - English
> - German
> - French
> - Spanish
> - Italian
> - Russian
> - Chinese
> - Ukrainian
> - Swedish
> - Dutch
> - Hebrew
>
> The bad news: we needed to add some error messages for the rare occasion
> that something goes wrong. These are *almost* merged and will ideally
> also get translated too.
>
> If you speak these languages and/or know someone who is a translator on
> Translatewiki, then it would be great to keep an eye out for untranslated
> strings coming soon in the GettingStarted extension.

Heads up that the error messages and other changes have been finished, so
we are deploying these tests today. German and Hebrew are finished with
100% of translation, but rest of the list above needs to do the error
messages as well.

Thanks again for all the speedy help from translators. You're all amazing.

--
Steven Walling,
Product Manager