On Fri, Jun 7, 2024 at 3:57 PM Virginia Poundstone
<vpoundst...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> We're migrating Dashiki to newer cloud instances.
>
> We completed T360914 to meet the compliance deadline for the Cloud_VPS_2024
> Purge.
>
> This means we can no longer use .wmflabs.org to proxy to them, so
> any.wmflabs.org will become any.wmcloud.org. Following are links to the new
> dashboards with some details about each.

Just for clarification, when a `*.wmcloud.org` proxy is created in the
Cloud VPS environment the matching `*.wmflabs.org` hostname is also
configured to redirect to the same backing host.[1][2] This is a
deliberate feature to help folks like the Data Products team migrate
their canonical URLs from the legacy wmflabs.org root to the
recommended wmcloud.org root without forcing their legacy URLs to
break.

Everyone should try to update known links and documentation to use the
new canonical names, but also be happy that things outside of their
control should continue to work.

[1]:
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Using_a_web_proxy_to_reach_Cloud_VPS_servers_from_the_internet#Migrate_from_a_*.wmflabs.org_proxy_to_a_*.wmcloud.org_proxy
[2]: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T256276#6303217

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis                                        Wikimedia Foundation
Principal Software Engineer                               Boise, ID USA