"Mathias Schindler"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 3:08 AM, Lars Aronsson
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> What other estimates of Wikipedia quality do we have, that can be
>> applied across language versions?
>
> The completeness of
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/List_of_articles_every_Wikipedia_should_have
> and the ratio of the quantity metrics of those articles (number of
> authors, number of edits, number of bytes and all of that stuff and
> the ratio of the metrics of the 1k-List to the other articles in the
> same language edition.

This has been around for over year in the at "List of Wikipedias by sample
of articles".
There seems to have been a fair bit of discussion about the algorithm, so it
might be pretty representative by now, though I can't comment directly as I
haven't looked into it myself (I'm basing that statement just on a quick
scan of the talk page).

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wikipedias_by_sample_of_articles

- Mark Clements (HappyDog)