On Tuesday 02 December 2008 17:01:30 Daniel Schwen wrote:
> I find it a little frustrating that this wheel gets reinvented so often. My
> tool was used a couple of times after I posted it, and now as maybe one
> user per day (from a quick glance at the logs). What is going on here? I'm
> stating to think tht nobody actually gives a damn about category
> intersection, except for a couple of vocal people on the mailing list. And
> out of these only a fraction actually _works_ on the problem.

Perhaps just category intersection isn't enough. I was thinking about a tool
that would allow intersection of various article data, including the
categories.

For example, suppose that I am maintaining [[1991 in art]]. I would want to
find all articles that link to [[1991]] and are in a subcategory of
[[:Category:Visual arts]]. And don't even get me started about what could be
done if template parameters would be recorder somewhere...