I've found that neatly spacing references does wonders for keeping wikitext
readable. For example:

Acid2 was first proposed by [[Håkon Wium Lie]], chief technical officer of
[[Opera Software]] and creator of the widely-used [[Cascading Style Sheets]]
[[web standard]].<ref>{{cite web
|url=http://www.root.cz/texty/hakon-wium-lie-css-was-created-to-save-html/
|title=Håkon Wium Lie: CSS was created to save HTML
|last=Hassman
|first=Martin
|date=2008-05-12
|accessdate=2008-07-27
}}</ref> Together with a colleague, [[Ian Hickson]], he created the first
draft of Acid2 in February 2005.<ref name="Hickson">{{cite web
|url=http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1137799947&count=1
|title=People who don't realise that they're wrong
|last=Hickson
|first=Ian
|work=Hixie's Natural Log
|date=2006-01-20
|accessdate=2008-04-01
}}</ref> Acid2 was first publicly announced on March 16, 2005 in a [[CNET]]
article where Lie challenged [[Microsoft]] to design [[Internet Explorer
7]], then in development, to pass the test.<ref name="Lie">{{cite web
http://news.cnet.com/The-Acid2-challenge-to-Microsoft/2010-1032_3-5618723.html
|title=The Acid2 challenge to Microsoft
|author=Lie, Håkon Wium
|authorlink=Håkon Wium Lie
|publisher=[[CNET Networks]]
|date=2005-03-16
|accessdate=2008-01-12
}}</ref>

With this style, it's pretty easy to distinguish prose from reference.

--
Remember the dot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Remember_the_dot