On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Peter Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> if it's true by default then there is still a missing step...as this
> is not working for me.
>
> I just tried adding a 'wgUseDatabaseMessages  = true;' to my
> LocalSettings as well and still see no change.
>
> I can change other messages listed at Special:AllMessages no problem.
> However 'Pagetitle-view-mainpage' is not listed as a property to
> change on that page.
>
> Perhaps 'Pagetitle-view-mainpage' needs to be added to a messages
> array somewhere first before it can be changed ? it  doesn't seem to
> be there out of the box.

pagetitle-view-mainpage only exists in 1.14, actually, now that I
check -- r38730, in fact, to be precise.  That's why it's in the
release notes for 1.14 and not 1.13, which you said you're using.  So
that would explain the problem.  If you need this feature, you'll have
to update to someplace on trunk, or wait for the 1.14 release.