On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Brion Vibber <br...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On 1/27/09 2:35 PM, Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> The way I see it, what we need is to get a really powerful server
>
> Nope, it's a software architecture issue. We'll restart it with the new
> arch when it's ready to go.

I don't know what your timetable is, but what about doing something to
address the other aspects of the dump (logs, stubs, etc.) that are in
limbo while full history chugs along.  All the other enwiki files are
now 3 months old and that is already enough to inconvenience some
people.

The simplest solution is just to kill the current dump job if you have
faith that a new architecture can be put in place in less than a year.

-Robert Rohde