Hi there,

I'm building a somewhat unique Wiki that will involve me writing an
extension that allows us to embed Flash content (ie. streaming video). We're
doing research within the communication/media industry and need this
ability. There are two specific issues I need to solve:

   - First, and simplest, I'm having trouble writing out Flash object
   references ie. <object classid=..... as HTML. I'm wondering how I can get
   Wiki to ignore the fact that my parse function extension is giving it actual
   HTML to render and not just Wiki format?
   - The second issue I'm having is that we would like to format a specific
   data structure within a Wiki article and have the Flash application retrieve
   information from the article and parse it. The data is presented in the
   other article as a simple list ie.

   * Studio Name 1, 1980-1990
   * Studio Name 2, 1980-1990
   * Studio Name 3, 1980-1990
   * Studio Name 4, 1980-1990
   * Studio Name 5, 1980-1990
   * Studio Name 6, 1980-1990
   * Studio Name 7, 1980-1990

   I'm wondering how I can extract that particular page for parsing by my
   Flash. My thought was simple to create a script within my extensions folder
   that spits out just the raw data from the Wiki page. So in essence when the
   page is loaded the Flash app would make a call to
   /extensions/myext/getarticledata.php?title=whatever here

I have been poking around the MediaWiki articles on how to accomplish these
types of things, but I can't seem to find a solid solution. I'm a beginner
Wiki developer so some initial guidance would be super appreciated :-)

Cheers and thanks!

Dave